Friday, January 15, 2010

NY:NY

"New York was cold, but I like(d) where I (was) living."

There is something Londony about the energy. Busy busy busy, frantic frantic frantic. Its different though, as you might expect, and maybe just because I was new there it felt easier. Remember what it felt like the first time you came to London - it wasn't exhausting, it was invigorating. Thats pretty much how NY felt for me.

Mostly I was wandering. I was staying between Bryan's place in Harlem and the Jane Hotel in the east village, so I was all over town really. I think it was all too fast because I cant think of a single specific incident off the top of my head… So much going on, so fast, it feels like a working holiday. It maybe didn't help that I was approaching it like some kind of boozed up David Attenborough, hunting for the 'New York nature', taking music samples and patronising the local inhabitants for research purposes. I think I should slow down; see how the city lives by living it instead of aggressively hunting it out. I feel like I could make it work there though - I seem to know enough people that I could probably take a pretty good stab at running some stuff and djing around the place... It's tempting, but is it just a distraction?



No comments:

Post a Comment